sábado, 22 de março de 2014

The first days... (part 1)

  Hello my dear readers,

  Here i am, writing to you all, about my first memoirs in Finland.
  It was a very special moment because it was the first time that i was flying in a plane and was also the first time outside of this little rectangle called Portugal. The first times are always very special for us, the discovery of new things, new realities.
  I remember the flight, 4 hours in a plane that never ended, I was reading "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" of Stieg Larsson and the food was bad. When we were landing I recieved a lots os messages of the finnish phone operators.
  At the airport the first thing that it came to my mind was the song "It's Oh So Quiet" of Björk. Before came to Finland i was really thinking that, that country is very peaceful and quiet. It's not so wrong that idea.
  The luggage of the flight from Lisbon was quite late, and I was despairing. But finnaly i crossed the green line and I was trying to looking for my family, but my host-mom called me after a little while and I saw her. She was with my youngest host-brother, and he was with the flag of Finland and a big paper with my name made by him. We embraced each other and I started my journey in Finland.
  First, I was very insecure about my English skills, but my host-mom understood almost everything that i wanted to say. I was asking a lots of things in the car and during the trip to my new house we stopped twice. The first time we stopped in my host-father's enterprise  to take him, and another time we stopped to eat. The first big difference: it was like 5 o'clock and we had a dinner in ABC (which is a company of sevice stations that exists all over the country), in a buffet. The food was good, but for me a little bit expensive.
I was looking for a lake in the trip and whan I saw one was like the proof that I really was in Finland.
  When we were changing the cars was raining a lot (my host-father said that until the previous day was sunny and warm and when i came it started to be cloudy) and i remember to see one plaque showing how many days that the enterprise don't have any knid of accidents and it was exactly 50 days (was also showing the record of days and was also 50). I saw, after the city and it was a strange feeling, because I was watching in real life what i was searching in the Internet.
  I was so excited to see my house, my other host-siblings and my room. I still thinking that I'm so lucky for the family that I had. They recieved me so well. And so, I put the clothes in the wardrobe and after everybody sit on the table and we ate. First big mistake: I always have heard that you should see what the others do and after you do what they did, but I'm very smart and I didn't did that, and so what happend? There was the dark dry bread with two slices together and so what i do, I put a little bit of butter in one slice and i ate both slices together. And after I saw my family eating only one slice full of things, like butter and cheese and ham and even cucumber. The flavour wasn't the best, but in December I started to like it. After on that day I don't remember what happend more, but I just remember that the night came very late. At 11 o'clock I could see some sunbeams. I also remember that I thought that my new bed was very very soft.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário