quinta-feira, 29 de maio de 2014

The first days... (part 4)

   On my first Saturday, we started the day going to Panda factory, wich is a chocolate factory in a suburb of Jyväskylä called Vaajakoski. When I entered I just saw people with a shopping baskets full of candies and chocolates. The finns are crazy with all kinds of candies, even the adults, specially salmiakki, almost all the foreigners hate that creepy thing. That place was also good because it has chocolates for free to taste.
This black thing is salmiakki, also known as salty liquorice in English.

This is not salmiakki, thanks god!

  After that we went to a nice market nearby. I've tasted some kind of finnish army pea soup, that I like it, made in this sort of huge "soup cannon", like in the picture. The market was also near a channel, that we saw the gates openning. Because of the thousands of lakes that Finland have, there is a big channel network, also important for his timber industry. 



  One of the things that I was thinking a lot at that moment was about the weather. Since I was there it hadn't made any sun, I was thinking how I could survive 4 months on that way, but it finnaly made sun several days after.

  At afternoon, one of the things that I was expecting more to do, it happend. I WENT TO SAUNA. It was so weired, but the best time that I was in sauna. The house was of the host-grandparents of the spanish exchange student. Very nice place on the way to Muurame, near the lake. We lighted the fire to warm up the sauna and then we did boating. I was quite scared to be naked in the front of the other stangers in the sauna, but I went with swimming shorts. At first was weird to be there, i felt like my nose and my eyes burning, but then I get used to it. We also swam on the lake a couple of times. Then we went to a small cottage with a fire place with a grilling were we ate makkara. 


  I don't remember what else happend that day.
  The next day I went to an outdoor second hand shop market, next to the bulding of Keskisuomalainen, the newspaper of Central Finland, where they made a guided tour (in finnish!!!!) through their facilities. 
Those are the printing machines.

Ans this is the paper to do the newspapers.

  At afternoon I was at home, talking with my hist-sister about the school in Finland.
  The next day was my first day at school, that moment i've made already a post in the beggining of this blog.

  Moikka.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário